Wangsa Maju

Post added by:
Michi Kinokawa
-----------------------

This happened when I was 18. At that time I lived with my dad and my step mom. One day, my dad and his family went back to Kedah during holiday. I was in charge of taking care of the house while he is away.

So one night my best friend Daniel came to my house. I was training Counterstrike for the upcoming tournament while he was watching me. We decided to overnight at my place as it was getting late.

At 1 or 2am, Daniel said that he heard a knocking outside my window, which didn't make any sense because we were on the 3rd floor. I figured maybe it was the kids that were actually outside our house at that time throwing stones at our window.

I continued with my training.

After a while, Daniel said he heard that sound. He asked me, "Wei, ko dengar tak ape yang aku dengar tu? Orang ketuk tingkap bilik ko la~" (Hey, do you hear that? There's someone knocking on the window of your bedroom)

I told him not to worry about it, and that it's the kids that is making that sound. He took my advice and seemed calm, but he sat closer to me.

After that, he heard the sound again.

What I've been told by my dad, once "something" comes to 3 times, I'd better get out from the house. Moreover out of nowhere the room become very humid even though the rain just stopped for a few hours before.

I decided not to tell Daniel and just keep quiet and tried to change topics. I said to him why don't we go yum cha (drink tea) outside at a Mamak nearby. I want to take a walk. So he followed me.

While we were walking to the nearest Mamak which is called BRJ located at Wangsa Maju section 2, my eyes cant stop staring him.

Actually, I was staring at the person that was walking beside him.

After a while, Daniel noticed that I was looking a lot at his direction so he became scared and asked "wei apsal ko usha smacam je? aku rasa lain mcm je la~" (hey why are you checking me out like one sort? I feel weird.)

I pat him on his back as a form of reassurance and told him it was nothing.

Along the way to the Mamak, I kept staring at the person who seems to be a girl.

I don't know who the girl is, but I know what she is. And I already know that the girl want to "tease" Daniel.

She's a ghost. I forgot to mention earlier that I can see spirits, hence the reason why Daniel did not notice her as we walked.

While walking, we passed by the Wangsa Maju Section 2 secondary school backyard. The atmosphere was eerie. And I can see "something" waving at me inside the school workshop.

Soon we reach the mamak. Both of us ordered kopi o' panas (hot coffee) and started talking about other topics.

Suddenly he asked me something. He asked why while walking from my house till the mamak I looked weird, and my face looked ridden with fear.

Because the mamak was full of people, I felt comfortable with telling him what I saw. So I told him. He was shocked. And he said it was no wonder he got goosebumps all the way from my house.

I told him that actually the person is a girl and she wanted to walk along with him. His face turned pale. I patted him on the back and told him that she's not around him anymore. He cooled down and continued drinking his coffee.

Suddenly there was a sharp drop in temperature, you can feel the chill right to the bone. And then the girl appeared behind him. So I decided to start talking to her, normally. So Daniel heard me and asked me who I was talking to. I told him that the girl was back.

I told the girl to leave Daniel alone, it's not like we did anything wrong to the girl.

She started to cry. I tried to convince the girl to leave Daniel alone, and she started to get mad. She started yelling out loud. Tears started leaking from my eyes because her screams were so high-pitched. I was also terrified because it was so loud. In Malay we call it "nyaring". (not sure what the English translation is)

Suddenly I saw the girl flying back on top of the school roof, which was around 200 meters away from where we are.

Thinking that it was over, we continued chat. But while we were talking, I still kept staring at her because she kept flying from left to right, right to left.

I finally told the girl for the last time to leave him alone. Daniel is of a different religion, and he doesn't know how to get rid of these kind.

The girl finally got pissed, flew towards me and sat on my lap

I couldn't breathe properly, she was putting pressure on my chest. I couldn't move my whole body, not even my head. I was paralyzed! I only managed to talk.

At first Daniel thought I was making fun of him. I told him repeatedly that I couldn't breathe and that she was sitting on top of me.

He didn't believe me, so he decided to try to pull me off the chair that I was sitting on. He couldn't. Others at the mamak witnessed the scene clearly. He then asked a few other customers to help me, be even with two people, they could not lift me.

I remembered a charm my dad taught me so I started reciting it and the chair nearby started to shake and fall.

She finally released me, crying.

Before she left, I asked her "what makes you want to disturb my friend?"

She said she's lonely and her parents when she was alive never took care of her, they didn't even bother that she was ill, and she died of sickness.

And they did not do tasks that were compulsory during a Muslim funeral, like reading Yassin to her. (holy words)

After that I realized why she behaved like that. She just wanted to be accompanied, because her soul is not at peace.

Soon after that, I went back to my house along with my friend. My house smelled strongly of flowers.

And on my bed, waiting for us, we found a stalk of Jasmine.

0 comments added:

Post a Comment

 
©2009 The Black Book | by TNB