Cheras Hospital

Story told by:
Nicolas Nathan
---------------

Me and 5 friends finally dared to enter the abandoned Cheras hospital one night after several visits. At first, it was really creepy but the we soon got used to the darkness. There were a lot of letters and boxes scattered everywhere outside the hospital but we didn't dare pick up any.

We entered by climbing in one of the windows on the ground floor. We got out our torch lights and started walking along the hallway. It was a really long hallway, but we didn't dare go all the way to the end of it. The security quarters were around that side of the building.

As we were slowly walking through, we peered into the rooms we passed by. All of them had one thing in common - a wooden chair facing the door. And it seemed like all the rooms was like that. But being "brave" heroes, we didn't dare enter any of the rooms or sit on the chairs.

When we reached the middle of the hallway, it split into 3 more hallways. On our left were the toilets and some storage rooms. Ahead of us, more wards but it was too close to the security quarters so we didn't think about walking any further. And to the right, several more wards but the floor was demolished so we couldn't pass through.

So we decided to be idiots and entered the toilet, turned off our torch lights and see what happens.

Unfortunate for us, nothing happened. We left the toilet mildly disappointed.

We went ahead and checked out the storage room. We found many jars containing test tubes with really weird things inside. Can't tell for sure what was in those test tubes, but it sure looked weird. And whether this is relevant or not, all the test tubes seemed to be facing the same direction: towards the wall on our right.

After a while of exploring, it got pretty boring as we didn't see, hear or even smell anything. So we decided to leave.

The moment we climbed out the window, one of my friends suddenly shone his torchlight straight ahead and looked like he saw something.

It was a banana tree. We didn't think it was anything out of the ordinary, but my friend then squinted his eyes to see better. Then he started pointing at the tree.

We all know better to never acknowledge "it" if we're experiencing something, may it be any sense in our body. He did not.

So being curious idiots ourselves, we looked in the same direction that he was looking at. There was something silver, square and small rested in the middle of the banana tree's trunk! Probably the size of a matchbox. But it was definitely silver because it was able to reflect our torch lights.

After seeing that, I immediately announced "Okay, lets go yum cha" (our code to get the hell out of there!)

We all quickly got in my car. As I started my engine, my phone which at that time was a Nokia 6600, started vibrating because it was in silent mode. I took it out and saw my friends mom calling me. "Odd..." I thought.

But the other odd thing about the situation was, my phone was actually ringing even when it was switched to silent mode! And it was following the tempo of the vibration, like it was saying something. It was not clear, but I the closest I could put it is: "Read me"

I held my phone out in my hand and all my friends were staring at it while it was still ringing. Then one asked, "Is it on silent??"
I replied "Yeah."
"Oh shit...."
Then, the call ended.

Right after, someone else called but this time it was vibrating, silently. Like normal.

And that was the night I drove the fastest in my life.

1 comments added:

Anonymous said...

wow, which abandoned hospital are you refering to? quite scary on the last part

Post a Comment

 
©2009 The Black Book | by TNB